Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Season 2 of sea voyage

This is a relatively new ship that we board now. The moment I stepped on the gangway, am impressed. No dirty thick oil stain on the ropes, the deck shiny. Pretty! We spent the first few nights in
the ordinary cabin for crew as the other Master and family were still on board. Bed was very small… therefore Mao and I have to
be squeezing each other in that. After the Master handed over and left. We shifted into the Captain cabin. Wow…. I like this so much
better! Have 2-3 chairs removed from the sitting area and immediately its so much spacious. Theres even carpets in both the
bedroom and sitting room which is so good as the linoleum flooring can be very cold with the aircon going 24/7. Like I told Mao… weather outside is perfectly normal and warm but in the cabins is suddenly winter. Next time we sail again.. All I have to pack will be winter clothes… Am practically freezing everyday in here.







Saw lots of these creatures that look like crickets/grasshoppers while we were in Venezuela. Looks kinda scary… yucks! Got a snapshot of these huge one outside our window enjoying the sunshine. Theres also these big birds that looked like kingfishers everywhere. They can soar in the skies for so long without flapping their wings. Okie… I know, by now I sounded like a country bumpkin. LOL But when you are on the ship… what can you do. One need to find little entertainment to keep oneself amuses.
Call me country bumpkin but I have to tell you this one. While on our 5days voyage from Venezuela back to States… Mao spotted this bird standing upfront on our vessel. Bird!!! Yeah I know by now you must be thinking am loony right… whats so special about a bird. Ahem… let me explain. Firstly my Captain said that we are in the middle of nowhere… land is very far away so there aren’t many birds around. And this special birdie on board has been standing there for hours. In fact it stayed with us for more than 36hours. Yeah I kept my eye on this special guest… even going to the extent of going up the bridge and observing it on the binoculars. And also kept pestering Mao to going on a walk with me upfront so that we can interviewed it… hahaha. You will find below the picture I have taken of this smart special birdie guest who hitched a ride with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment